- What do I need to know about the covid-19 test that’s required before I return to the US?
We’ve compiled some helpful info about the requirement as well as places to get the test on the island. Click here for more info.
- Is it safe to bike ride in Cozumel?
Cozumel is a safe place to ride, though you have to use the same common sense and precautions you’d use when riding anywhere. For example use a helmet, signal when you’re turning, use lights at night, and never assume that drivers can see you. Once you are outside of town you can find a designated bike path along the coast (one goes north; the other goes south and all the way around the eastern side of the island, then looping back into town). On the bike paths you will see scooters and cars that can use the path to access beach clubs and hotels, so you need to ride with caution at all times. There are some marked bike lanes in parts of downtown as well.
- Do you rent bikes for athletic events?
Yes, absolutely! We have a range of beautiful road bikes and TT bikes. Special prices apply for races like the GFNY and Ironman, so when you reserve your bike online you need to be sure to select the category ATHLETIC EVENT.
- Where is your shop located?
We do not have a storefront location. Our service includes delivery and pick up your hotel or private address, or a meeting point if you’re arriving on a ferry or a cruise ship. When your booking is confirmed we’ll send you an email with more details about where and when we’ll meet you with the bikes.
- Can I go to see your bikes?
While we don’t have a brick-and-mortar shop, our site has photos of all our bikes with descriptions including suggested heights for the riders and other details. If you check out the photos and descriptions and still aren’t sure which bike is for you, no worries — in the “comments” section of your online reservation make sure to note your riders’ heights and tell us a bit about what kind of biking you’d like to do (easy riding around town? long ride around the island?). We’ll help you pick the right bikes for your needs!
- Where do I get my bike? Our service includes bike delivery and pick up. Just tell us where you’re staying and we’ll bring the bike to you. If you’re arriving on a ferry or cruise ship, we’ll explain how to get to a meeting point within walking distance of your pier (less than a 5 minute walk for the ferry pier or Punta Langosta; a 20-minute walk for Puerta Maya or TMM Int’l).
- What are your hours of operation?
When you book your bikes, we’ll work with you to find delivery and pick up times that work for everyone. Please bear in mind that we’ve got families at home that need our love and attention: so if you make a last-minute reservation request we’ll do our best to respond promptly, and if you’re contacting us after 6 PM, we may not be available to respond until the following morning.
- Do I need to book in advance or can I reserve the same day?
We are an online-booking company and we deal almost exclusively with advance reservations. We highly recommend making your reservation ahead of time. It’s easy, and you’ll have peace of mind knowing that a bike in your size is waiting for you upon your arrival — one less thing to stress about when you’re on vacation! If you wait until the last minute we may not be able to accommodate your needs, though you are most welcome to contact us last minute and see what we’ve got available. If you make a last minute request, please read this first.You can reserve your bikes (or even just get a quote) here.
- I’m coming on a ferry (or cruise) for the day. Are you going to meet me at the docking pier?
We can’t park and unload bikes right at the pier, but we have designated meeting points within walking distance of each pier. For the ferry pier the meeting point is less than a 5 minute walk, from Punta Langosta it’s a 5 minute walk, and from Puerta Maya or TMM Int’l it’s approximately 20 minutes. When we confirm your reservation we’ll send an email explaining exactly where to meet us!In Cozumel we have 3 different Cruise ship piers, so it’s really important that you know where your ship docks, what time it arrives, and when it departs. If you’re taking the ferry, I’ve found that the best and most up-to-date information on the crossing schedule is on the ferry companies’ Facebook pages.
Please take a moment to read this if you will be visiting on a Cruise Ship!
- What time zone do you use?
Please note that in Cozumel we don’t do Daylight Savings Time. Half the year we’re in Central and half the year we’re in Eastern. When we agree on a time for delivery, we always use COZUMEL TIME, never “Cruise Ship Time.” Every Cruise ship has different times (and that would make things very confusing!). If you don’t show up, we consider it a “no show.”
- What if I’m late for our scheduled meeting time?
We have many deliveries scheduled each day, and we’re often on a tight schedule. Should we need to make a second trip to your location because you were not present at our scheduled meeting time, we will charge a fee (300 pesos). If you anticipate being more than 10 minutes late, please contact us via text or email to let us know. We may not be able accommodate last-minute schedule changes, but we’ll do our best.
- What’s your refund/cancellation policy?
Our refund policy depends on how much notice you give when you cancel your reservation. If you CANCEL your reservation:– at least 3 weeks before your scheduled bike delivery we will refund 100% of your total rental price*
– up to one week before your scheduled bike delivery we will refund 50% of your total rental price*
– up to 48 hours before your scheduled bike delivery we will refund 15% of your total rental price*
We DO NOT give refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of the start of the rental, during the rental, or if you don’t show up.
* Refunds do NOT include the small online processing fee.
- Do you rent scooters, e-bikes or tandems? Nope.
- What do you consider a full day and a half day? When we calculate the length of your rental we don’t use 24-hour rental days. Instead, we divide the day in two halves; before noon and after noon. Any portion of a day (up until noon) is considered a half day, and any portion of a day from noon on is also considered a half day.This would be a ONE DAY RENTAL: We deliver your bike on Monday morning at 9 am and we pick it up the same day at 5 pm
This would be a 1.5 – DAY RENTAL: We deliver your bike on Monday at 10 am and we pick it up on Tuesday at 10 AM. Monday is a full day, and Tuesday is a partial day.
- Can I rent for just part of a day? Of course! Whether it’s 3 hours, 8 hours, or 23 hours, we consider it a full day in terms of the price.
- Can you help me if I get a flat tire? If you plan on making the loop around the island we always recommend that you rent an Emergency Kit that comes with what you need for basic maintenance issues. If you don’t feel comfortable making repairs on your own, we have road assistance service available for an additional charge.We can fix the bikes so that you can keep riding (a 300-700 mxn pesos fee applies for roadside assistance, depending on your location, plus materials)
We can pick up your bikes* if you change your plan and you just want to be done riding (a 300-700 mxn pesos fee applies depending on your location).
*We are NOT permitted to transport customers in our delivery truck. Seriously, it’s not legal. Don’t ask us for a ride. We’ll be glad to give you tips on contacting a taxi.
If you contact us for roadside assistance, please keep in mind that getting to the other side of the island can take some time, and we have deliveries and pickups scheduled throughout the day all over the island. We are not always immediately available to provide road assistance. We will assist you as soon as we are able.
- Why do I have to pay up front? Why can’t I just pay you when you deliver my bike? We ask for full payment in advance for security reasons and because, unfortunately, we’ve had one too many instances in which we reserve bikes for Customer A who hasn’t paid, turn down Customer B who wants those same bikes and is ready to pay, load the bikes on our truck, drive to meet Customer A and… Customer simply doesn’t show up. Not fun.
- How will I know if you’re going to charge me for something at the end of my rental? When you first start your rental you will have a chance to document if you see any damage on the bike when you first receive it. We like to meet you in person when we pick up your bike at the end of the rental to make sure we are all on the same page about any damage or missing items. On very rare occasions we notice damage later on when we are cleaning and servicing bikes — in those cases we will document the damage and contact you to let you know what we’re charging you and why. You can see a list of replacement costs and charges here.
- I want to ride the loop around the island. What do I need to know?
The island loop is about 64 kilometers or 40 miles. The ride can take anywhere from 2.5 hours to 5 hours — depending of course on your level of experience and whether or not you make stops. If you plan on making the loop, we recommend that you:– rent an emergency toolkit in case you need to do any basic maintenance
– bring drinking water, gatorade or coconut water
– bring some money. There are several restaurants/bars where you can get a bite to eat or a cool drink
– start early in the day. Much of your ride will be without shade and it can get really hot here.
– start by going south and coming up the eastern side
– be prepared for little to no cell coverage for much of the route
- Is it mandatory that I use a helmet? Helmets are not mandatory, though we highly recommend using them and always offer them when we deliver your bike. One helmet per bike is included in your rental price.
- Do you have children’s bikes, baby seats or chariots? We have a limited selection of children’s bikes, baby seats and chariots, as well as some adult bikes with small frames. For baby seats we adhere strictly to the manufacturer’s suggested weight limit, so when you reserve your bikes please specify in the “comments” section the child’s age, height, and weight so we can ensure that our baby seat is appropriate and safe.
- I’m going to participate in an athletic event. Can you do a bike fit?We do NOT do bike fits. When we deliver your bike we will be more than happy to help make really basic adjustments to your stem and seat height, and we’ll install your pedals if you’ve got your own.
- Can you put on my pedals? Yes!
- Can I install my own pedals? Nope!
- Do you rent pedals? Yes, we have Look Keo, Delta, Shimano SPD and Shimano SPD-SL. We also have toe-cage pedals. Any of those cost 60 pesos/day.
- Do you have bike shoes? No, you’ll need to bring your own cycling shoes or use regular tennis shoes.